DynTek Services Inc. currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Wireless Engineer in New York City. This is a full-time position that is consultative in nature. The role offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, full benefits and growth potential. DynTek is a Cisco Gold Partner and leading nationwide Systems Integrator. Please visit us at www.dyntek.com
The Senior Wireless Engineer will be a responsible for ensuring the technical delivery of DynTek’s wireless projects. This person will provide technical and people leadership and support the data analysis and tools required for a successful wireless project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s
- Evangelize new products and solutions to the sales team, organization, and customers.
- Lead a number of survey teams on large scale wireless site surveys
- Give technical direction and oversight to survey teams
- Collect and analyze daily survey data from teams in the field, ensuring that the RF survey requirements are being met
- Author full site survey reports based on survey data using Visio and Microsoft Word
- Monitor ongoing progress and make recommendations for improvement in efficiency
- Interact with customers’ IT teams daily
- Strong communication skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Understanding of VoWiFi, Location Tracking and Outdoor Mesh Technologies
- Understanding of WLC and Access point models
- WLAN Controller configuration and tuning
- Meraki AP configuration and tuning
- Strong documentation skills using Microsoft® Visio, Word, and Excel
- Routing Protocols—OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- L2 / L3 Architecture and Design
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- VSS, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
- Data Center configuration, and implementation utilizing Cisco Nexus Architecture
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other similar related field and 4 years of industry experience in related Practice technologies
- 5 years of industry experience in related Practice technologies in lieu of degree
- Wireless Site Survey experience using the AirMagnet toolset
- AirMagnet Survey Pro
- AirMagnet Spectrum XT
- AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer
- Familiarity with VPC, ACI, OTV, VXLAN technologies
- ASA NextGen Firewalls
- Palo Alto
- Cisco VoIP
- Active Cisco Certification
- Aruba configuration
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND SPECIALIZATION:
Practice-specific technical experience to include: Wireless Network Infrastructures, AirMagnet Wireless Toolsets.
DynTek provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to Federal law requirements, DynTek complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please email an updated copy of your cover letter and resume to Employment@dyntek.com.
DynTek is an equal opportunity employer. Principal applicants only. No phone calls, no faxes.