DynTek Services Inc. currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Wireless Engineer in New York City. This is a full-time position that is consultative in nature. The role offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, full benefits and growth potential. DynTek is a Cisco Gold Partner and leading nationwide Systems Integrator. Please visit us at www.dyntek.com
The Senior Wireless Engineer will be a responsible for ensuring the technical delivery of DynTek’s wireless projects. This person will provide technical and people leadership and support the data analysis and tools required for a successful wireless project.
- Implements the pre-approved Statements of Work (“SOWs”) and delivers the project on time and within scope
- Follows approved and project management methodology, ensuring that required steps are followed, deliverables are produced, and approvals are obtained from the appropriate parties
- Maintains responsibility for project/program issue resolution, escalating to the Manager when necessary
- Participates in project/customer kickoff meetings, status reports and milestones
- Reports weekly on project progress and accomplishments to the Project Manager
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer issues during implementation to ensure on-time results within scope
- Notifies Manager and Project Manager when project requirements appear to be moving beyond scope
- Assesses the impact of additional customer requests and reports the request to the Manager, and Project Manager who may need to reevaluate the SOW
- Verifies alignment to quality standards and project’s SOW
- Responsible for entering all work as activities or service tickets, submitting weekly time sheets and expense reports in the project management software, ConnectWise
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other similar related field and 6 years of industry experience in related Practice technologies
- 8 years of industry experience in related Practice technologies in lieu of degree
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND SPECIALIZATION:
Practice-specific technical experience to include: Aruba Wireless, Aruba Certified Clearpass Expert/Professional Certifications. Wireless Network Infrastructures, RF Link Performance, WAN/LAN Solutions. Plus- AirMagnet or Ekahau Wireless Toolsets.
DynTek provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to Federal law requirements, DynTek complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please email an updated copy of your cover letter and resume to Employment@dyntek.com.
DynTek is an equal opportunity employer. Principal applicants only. No phone calls, no faxes.